Views by Drake Review

I'll start off by saying, I am not the biggest Drake fan.
In fact, I've only listened to 3 of his albums prior to this review. Take Care, Nothing Was The Same, and If You're Reading This, It's Too Late. And, I do not like the first two... at all really. When IYRTITL came out, I was weary. Overall, it won me the hell over. It showed Drake did not give a fuck anymore about impressing anyone, and the results were great. He rapped harder than he ever has, and made some great ass songs because of it. I was officially liking Drake, and I was anticipating this album, because I figured, maybe Views is a step in a more confident direction, and he'll be making something a little more hype this time around. Boy, I was incredibly wrong.
This album was essentially Nothing Was The Same 2. Tonally, lyrically, and production-wise, it felt like we are trekking the same waters with Views. A little more dancehall influence, and now even fucking longer, this is the album we got. Honestly, I'm not impressed at all. It seemed to me, this album was made in mind that If You're Reading This... never actually happened. I mean, it's like 300 miles away at sea at this point. At no point in this record I feel the same way I was feeling on his last project. I basically feel the same about this that I do Nothing Was The Same: very meh at best.
It's an eighty minute long album, and about one hour of it is pure boring.
A lot of the lyrics here are very typical Drake, nothing really interesting going on here. By the way, what the hell kind of fuckery is on Child's Play? You serious?
The production is VERY same-y. Not a lot of variety here. I mean, if you like a good background album while you take the girl you like to a good make-out spot, here ya go. If you're looking for a good album, that is probably not here either.

Favorite tracks: Weston Road Flows, Controlla, One Dance, Feel No Ways, Hotline Bling
Least favorite: CHILDS PLAY, Grammys, Faithful is just plain insulting

4.5/10

Comments