Bruise/Alive

Bruised my soul,
and you're waiting till I'm good
to just bruise it again,
just to know if you could.
I can hear them callin'
I know you got it.

I really don't mind
just tells me you care.
Just want the band-aid rip
know wound is still there.
You can't kiss it no more
I don't want it.

Waiting until I'm on the same plane
you can finally, finally be free.
cause I know that wasn't happening with me.

The more I get farther
the layers start to show.
We continue to get harder,
you're someone I don't know.
Smile for the followers
I hear they like it.

Days aren't as short as they were,
life got too easy.
Friends know too much.
Just there to please me.
Intimacy was just the rush
they cry about it.

Waiting until we don't care anymore.
We can finally, finally leave,
cause I know it was hard to plan it with me.

It was like the end of reality.
It was like the end of reality.

.
.
I know you're in a better place,
least I tell myself to make a lil grace.
The pretty little smile coming from your face,
one of the many I remember to embrace.
The population turn into strangers
The familiar huddle around mangers
My family gather around caskets
My brother's name on a jacket
Wasn't how it was supposed to go
We were gunna be the kings of home.
Just give me a bottle, leave me alone.
I can already hear you get mad and moan.
Get up off your fucking ass,
my soul is a figment of the past,
take the memory and make it fast.
Succeed, hold it, make it last.
Eyes dilated, late night drive
can't shake the paranormal vibe
even as I write I feel the need to be alive
is it possession or everlasting life?
.
My Grandma said
good thoughts and good food are your friends
if you get your head right
you won't have to get drunk again.
I'm sorry Grandma I still get weak
it's that truth that I seek
it's that cry over the sink
it's those old messages I peep.
Every thought of you comes with something I can't bear
but every single time I still feel your love there.


Comments