EVERYTHING THE SUN TOUCHES BEFORE IT GOES DOWN FOR THE NIGHT

Big K.R.I.T, Rapsody, Stranger Things, Thor: Ragnarok, Beck, it's all here, baby.



4eva is a Mighty Long Time - Big K.R.I.T.

I've been following KRIT for a minute, man. I've been following his mixtapes and albums since 2013. Ya know, a criticism I often here from listeners and KRIT fans alike is that, his mixtapes are album level quality, but this actual albums are watered down messes that seems like KRIT took some liberties to make the label happy. 
I'm happy to say, that's not the case here. 
KRIT is free from the bounds of a label, and made his first independent album. Honestly, it maybe the best hip hop album of the year so far. 
It explores every facet of KRIT that I love, and it's one of the most beautiful albums I've listened to all year.
9.5/10

Laila's Wisdom - Rapsody

Man, I really wish I found her sooner. Rapsody is one of the best MCs in the game right now, and the fact she isn't MORE popular bewilders me. This is one of my favorites of the year. 9th Wonder has some of his best work on here, and Rapsody is a fucking mastermind. I'm so happy this was released.
It sort of loses me towards the end with the love jams, but they still bump to me.

8/10

Stranger Things 2

My review of this show is probably most reviews for this show. It's awesome. It's everything I wanted from a second season and more. Instead of being victim to it's influences, they gracefully wear them on their sleeve.
I'll tell you a part I loved. It's the scene of Eleven and Hopper talking in the car, and Hopper opens up. He tells how he lost a lot of people, and he feels like a black hole, that just keeps sucking it in.

Boy, that hit me harder than any piece of art to come out this year.

Btw, the character writing was a tad weaker. Just a tad.

8/10

Thor: Ragnarok

COLORS. FUN. HUMOR. GIVE ME ALL OF IT.

9/10

Colours - Beck

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT BY COLORS, ASSHOLE.
3/10


Alright, that's it for a minute y'all. I'll see you soon.

Comments